Weekend Bike Camp
Saturday, August 7 and Sunday, August 8
10:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Youth age 7 -14
Get your bike skills ready before rolling back to school!
Our free 2-day bike camp on the Greenway will provide in depth safety trainings for elementary and middle school students. Bike Easy's certified instructors will introduce and reinforce the basics of safe bicycling and give students an opportunity to practice skills in-depth and ultimately graduate into a short road ride.
- LEARNING OBJECTIVES
• Bicycle Safety & Basic Maintenance
- Students will be able to fit a helmet and check if their bicycle is in safe
- Students will know the basic equipment required for bicycle commuting
- Students learn about bicycle fit and how to make minor adjustments
- Students learn to diagnose basic problems on their bikes
- Students practice fixing a flat tire on their own bike
• Traffic Skills
- Students will learn rules of the road, including their rights and
responsibilities as a bicyclist.
- Students will know the rules of the road for motorists driving around
bicyclists and pedestrians
• Transportation Choices & Route Planning
- Students will gain an introduction to the benefits of bicycling and
- Students will gain experience route planning for bicycling
Participants must complete our waiver, and provide their own working bicycle and helmet.
If you are unable to provide your own bike or helmet, or have any other questions, contact [email protected]
August 07, 2021 at 10:00am - August 08, 2021
Lafitte Grenway & Norman C Francis
New Orleans, LA 70119
Google map and directions
Laura Harris ·