BIKE Talks - Count Dat
Looking forward to having you at our third installment of BIKE Talks!
This BIKE Talk Session will feature findings from the Count Dat initiative. Count Dat is documenting New Orleans’ investments in developing a connected, low-stress network of walking and bicycling facilities and analyzing outcomes resulting from those investments.
Together, we will discuss:
- Changes in how (and how many) people are walking and bicycling around our city over time.
- Reduction in carbon emissions resulting from non-automobile trips.
- Trends in walking and bicycling rates for festivals, Mardi Gras, and other events.
- How increase in local walk and bike rates have impacted crash rates.
- How bike share utilization patterns can tell where, and how locals and visitors move around the network.
Join us to learn more about what we know from more than a decade of studying active mobility in New Orleans.
Who should attend?
Residents, visitors, neighborhood organizations, universities, advocacy interests, tourism-oriented businesses, policy makers, governmental agencies, and people who generally enjoy walking and biking in New Orleans.
5:00 pm - 5:30 pm - Mixer - We will have complimentary food and drinks
5:30 pm - 6:30 pm - Panel discussion & Q&A
6:30 pm - 7:00 pm - Lagniappe Mixer - Great time to network!
- Geoff Coats - Blue Bikes
- Jeannie Donovan - City of New Orleans Department of Health
- Allene La Spina - Bike Easy
- Matt Rufo - City of New Orleans Office of Resilience & Sustainability
- Jennifer Ruley - City of New Orleans Department of Public Works
- Tara Tolford - UNO Transportation Institute
November 01, 2023 at 5:00pm - 6:30pm
The Shop at the CAC
900 Camp St
New Orleans, LA 70130
Google map and directions
Allene La Spina ·